Saturday 16 August 2014

It's a Pancake Party!














With the big move coming up and most of the packing still unfinished, I will admit that the last thing I wanted to do was host a birthday party.  There are boxes strewn about the living room and the walls are bare except for the holes left from pictures that used to hang there. Not exactly a nice atmosphere!

Still, my oldest and youngest had birthdays this summer and I felt it was especially important to celebrate with friends before we leave.

So amidst all the chaos and stress, I managed to pull together a pancake party and considering what little planning and time went into it, I'm quite happy with the result!

We made our favourite breakfast foods extra special for the party.  There were bacon and egg cupcakes, fruit and timbit kabobs, breakfast sausages, sugary cereal and of course, pancakes!

My favourite part was the cake!  We made our favourite cake batter recipe and cooked it on the griddle just as we would make pancakes.  I piled them up on a plate and poured some warmed up icing on top, just like syrup.  Added a few sprinkles, a homemade cake bunting, and voila, the perfect pancake party cake!

B said to me after, "This was the BEST party ever!".  I am so thankful she's too young to see all the amazing parties on Pinterest!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...