Wednesday 29 February 2012

What a difference some time can make.



A few weeks ago I posted about Brooklynn's first sewing experience (you can see it on in the picture above, the red floss).  She was quite intent on finishing it for a few days but then lost interest.  I put it away, with plans to re-introduce it in a few months.

Last week, she asked me if she could sew a "B".  I pulled out her sewing basket and wrote the letter on the fabric.  I quietly reminded her that if she couldn't do it perfectly that it was ok and that it was the practicing that is important (she is very much a perfectionist and will get frustrated and quit if she doesn't do something right).

Well, you should have seen the look of shock on my face when she showed me what she had done in half an hour.  The difference between her first and second attempts were like night and day.  She made wonderful straight, tiny stitches (much better than mine, if I'm being honest!).  She was so excited and the proud.  It was so sweet to see!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...