Monday 6 February 2012

Finding our Rhythm

I've been struggling to get into (and keep) a rhythm in our house since Christmas!  It has been particularly difficult in the past few weeks since we've been sick and I've been lazy.

Funny though, you would think that lying around "relaxing" would have me in a better mood!  No, I find myself keyed up and overwhelmed with all the things I have to get done.  Its very stressful being lazy!

I miss the predictable flow of our days.  There's something so peaceful about always knowing what comes next.  It allows me time to get everything done, takes the stress away and brings me peace.  I find that our house looks cleaner, our meals are healthier and the kids are happier when we find our rhythm.

So my goal for this week is to find that natural rhythm in our days.  I know I will have to make some changes to our old routine since Amelia has changed her sleep cycles a bit...but that's the beauty of rhythm, its ever changing!  And as long as those changes come about in a gentle, gradual way, I'm okay with that!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...