Wednesday 21 January 2015

DIY Felt Embellished Valentine's Day Shirts

I know that some people (ahem...my husband) think that co-ordinating holiday t-shirts are silly but I can't help it...I love them.  It's getting harder and harder for me to find shirts that I like so I'm having to take things into my own hands. 

Enter the DIY Felt Embellished Valentine's Day Shirts.





These are quick to make, which is great for those of us that have to make many of them, and they're easy! They're also super cute.

What You Need
  • plain long sleeved t-shirt
  • wool roving
  • felting needle
  • sponge (either the special ones made for felting, or just a regular sponge works too)
  • cookie cutter 
Put the shirt on and mark where you want your design to be with the pencil. Take the shirt off.

Put the sponge inside the shirt, underneath where you will be working.

Arrange the roving inside the cookie cutter.



Stab away at it with your needle until it has felted.  The roving will shrink down significantly and be harder. Be very careful about keeping fingers out of the way...these needles are sharp!!


If you look at the other side of the shirt when you're finished, you'll see that the roving is sticking out the back.  


Spritz the felted areas with water and iron them (both sides) to set it.  

 And voila!  Go put your kids in their adorable new Valentine's Day shirts and enjoy!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...