Monday 8 December 2014

100 Bible Verses to Encourage Homeschoolers

It's easy to get lost in all the difficulties that we face as homeschoolers.  I'm not perfect.  I get angry.  I get tired.  I get lazy.  I definitely can't do this on my own.  Thankfully that's not how it's supposed to be anyway.  I can rely on God's strength and His Word to lead me on...even on the hardest days.



I've gathered together 100 Scripture Verses to Encourage Homeschoolers through all the major trials we face.  I hope you will find comfort in these words.


1. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28-29
2. Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Psalm 62:1
3. In peace I will lie down and sleep,  for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8
4. Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.  Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.  In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves. Psalm 127:1-2
5. Praise be to the Lord, who has given rest to his people Israel  just as he promised.  Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant Moses. Kings 8:56
6. I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. Jeremiah 31:25
7. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.  Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Hebrews 12:12-13
8. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29
9. You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.  Praise be to God! Psalm 68:35
10. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me. Colossians 1:29


11. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26


 
12. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9
13. I do wish, brother, that I may have some benefit from you in the Lord; refresh my heart in Christ. Philemon 1:20
14. For who is God besides the Lord?  And who is the Rock except our God?  It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. Psalm 18:31-32
15. Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5
16. When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. Proverbs 3:24
17. The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” Exodus 33:14
18. He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10


19. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

20. Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 
Hebrews 4:16

21. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 
Philippians 4:13

'



22. I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33



23. I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8


24. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3


25. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: "The LORD's right hand has done mighty things!  The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done mighty things!" Psalm 118:14-16


26. I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. Psalm 119:25


27. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my lifePsalm 119:50


28. It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Psalm 119:71




29.  And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. Matthew 21:21


30.But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.  James 1:6 

31. Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” Matthew 14:31 


32. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.  But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.  That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;  he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does. James 1:5-8


33. Jesus replied, "Go back and report to John what you hear and see:  The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor.  Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me." Matthew 11:4-6




34. Turn to me and have mercy on me, because I am lonely and hurting.
My troubles have grown larger; free me from my problems. Psalm 25:16-17

35. Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1


36. 
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6


37. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:20

38. Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you. Hebrews 13:5

39. At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion’s mouth. 2 Timothy 4:16-17

40. God makes a home for the lonely; He leads out the prisoners into prosperity, Only the rebellious dwell in a parched land. Psalm 68:6a 





41.God is our refuge and strength,  an ever-present help in trouble.
 Psalm 46:1

42.  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

43. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. 
Psalm 119:114


44. The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10


45. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10


46. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27


47. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,  though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3


48. Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22


49. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7




50. I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Psalm 120:1



51. Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. John 14:1

52. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6


52.  Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,  and do not give the devil a foothold.  He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need.  Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.  Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Ephesians 4:26-31

53. My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,  for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. James 1:19-20


54. A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control. Proverbs 29:11

55. A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1


56. What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?  You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God. James 4:1-2


57. Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32



58.Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 







59.  Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever! Psalm 107:1











60. Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20 





61. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:15-16 




62. And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Colossians 3:17 



63.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! Psalm 100:4


64. And you will say in that day: “Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted. “Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Isaiah 12:4-5 


65.  Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! Psalm 95:2


66. Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,  because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3

67.  Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for it is now that God favors what you do. Ecclesiastes 9:7

68. The prospect of the righteous is joy, but the hopes of the wicked come to nothing. Proverbs 10:28

69. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy,  for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:8-9

70. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

71. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. John 16:22

72. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

73. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17

74. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2





75. O Lord, I know the way of a man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. Jeremiah 10:23

76. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. Psalm 37:23

77. There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12

78. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. John 10:27

79.  A man’s steps are of the Lord. How then can a man understand his own way? Proverbs 20:24

80. Direct my steps by Your word, and let no iniquity have dominion over me. Psalm 119:133

81. Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation. Psalm 25:4

82. Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit, who leads you by the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17

83. For this is God, our God forever and ever; He will be our guide even to death. Psalm 48:14

84. The Lord will guide you continually. Isaiah 58:11

85. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye. Psalm 32:8

86. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Isaiah 30:21

87. Therefore be followers of God as dear children. Ephesians 5:1




88.  And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good. 2 Thessalonians 3:13

89. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11 


90 . Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

91. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7

92. You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.  Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! Psalm 119:114-115





93. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,…and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-6

94. for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:20

95. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

96. The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17 

97.God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

98. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:35-39

99.  But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 



100. Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.  1 Peter 5:6-7







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...