Tuesday 17 January 2012

Crafting On: Amelia's Spring Sweater


Joining up with Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Crafting On.  Check it out to see the amazing projects by some lovely ladies! :)  



 Right now I am working on a sweater for Amelia's birthday.  Its not until May but I know that if I don't get a big head start, I'll never get it done!  My to do list is longer than I am tall!



This sweater is from Little Lamby Knits , found here.  I actually discovered this pattern on Nicole's blog and I am so thankful I did!  I obsessed over it for quite a while as I saved my yarn budget to buy the wool!  I hope to do the blanket one day too...isn't it adorable?!  I'm doing the spring flowers since Amelia is born in the spring, obviously! :)  I am really enjoying this pattern!  Its my first time knitting a sweater from the bottom up.  I love the wave pattern!  I'm a little apprehensive about stitching on the flowers but I was looking for something different and a little challenging and this is perfect for me!  If all goes well, I will do one for each of the other kids as well, in their respective birth seasons! 

(sorry for the terrible pictures...we don't get good light at the best of times and with this crazy weather...well, you can see the result!)

4 comments:

  1. its looking great! i love the pattern, especially the waves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to try this pattern sometime; it's looking beautiful! I have yet to make something like a sweater. Great job and it will be such a special sweater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm very impressed! Good Luck! I know it will turn out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you picked for it. Her sweater looks so dainty and girlie especially with the frills..very cute pattern!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...